GIS 5100 - Who is Gabrielle Hudson?


Hi! My name is Gabrielle. I am currently a part time student in the MSc. Geographic Information Science Administration program at the University of West Florida (UWF), but I'm also a full time employee at the Bahamas National Geographic Information Systems (BNGIS) Centre, in The Bahamas. My official position is GIS Analyst and GI Education Coordinator, however due to the small staff compliment we all wear many hats. Some of my responsibilities include maritime delimitation, disaster preparedness and response, training, mentoring, data collection and data management. While I enjoy most aspects of GIS, my favorite part is producing a meaningful and esthetically pleasing map. I decided to pursue a masters level degree with the hope of increasing my knowledge in GIS, which will better prepare me for future opportunities at my current place of employment, or where ever the opportunity may present itself. The degree option at UWF seemed to perfectly match my goal of future advancement as it also includes a management aspect. 

When I am not at work or working on my degree I enjoy going to the beach, travelling and gaining new experiences. 

To learn a little more about me you can visit my story map: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/8b8ae30d0ab043479eeef0d2b419bd1b

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIS 5935 - Data Quality Assessment

GIS 5935 - Surfaces - TINs and DEMs

GIS 5935 - Surface Interpolation